Obsess And Devour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find out about Jubilee?

2 posters

Go down

How did you find out about Jubilee? Empty How did you find out about Jubilee?

Post  Cherry Black Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:36 pm

They've been around for about 2 years now, so I reckon it's time to share stories.

I'm a fan (in about equal amounts) of both NIN and QOTSA, and also something of a Mikey Shoes obsessive, so I heard about the band through the RekordsRekords forum, and figured they'd be worth keeping an eye on.
Went along to their London gig on 30/01/08 and had an absolute blast. Hadn't pre-listened to any of their stuff (there wasn't a huge amount available at the time) and I fell in love instantly. That love was rewarded when they used some of my video from that gig in the video for Rebel Hiss.

Now it's your turn...
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://obsessanddevour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Jubilee? Empty Re: How did you find out about Jubilee?

Post  Stephen Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 pm

I got into Jubilee because I have been reading Buddyhead for about 7 years, I was into a few of the bands they put out in the earlier years. I went to see the Icarus Line back in 2004 and thought Aaron was a great guitarist and was performing in quite an original way. I was a bit gutted when he left that band because when I saw them live in 2007 it seemed a bit sterile. I never saw Aaron play with NIN live but have seen a few videos on youtube and I have been impressed by his playing. Having been into Wires on Fire I also knew that Mike, Evan and Jeff were quality musicians. So when I read about Jubilee I knew it would be an interesting project so when they played Hereford in January 2008 I went along and within a few minutes of Make You Crumble I was hooked.

That was some quick work with the Evan Weiss thread. I feel compelled to add to it now....
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down