Obsess And Devour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oriental Bureaucracy?

+2
Geohound
Cherry Black
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oriental Bureaucracy? - Page 3 Empty Re: Oriental Bureaucracy?

Post  Geohound Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Ahah... I know I'm not holding my breath... oh well Rolling Eyes
Geohound
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am

Love the picture, great work there.

I might be being naive but I am still hopeful that we might get our package of Jubilee greatness before 2025.

Their plans were pretty ambitious. A vinyl EP with something extra special (I am guessing probably some sort of hand coloured art or something), a new record label with over 10 releases in under 5 months, a new web site for the label, releasing the Jubilee album and I would have thought that if they were going to do all that then there would be a tour of some sorts. I thought that when they made the announcements a while ago that all these things were ready to go and it would be a case of us getting our stuff then soon after we get the album then we get the long awaited next tour.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 pm

I really shouldn't have held my breath for 3 months should I?

I am not especially bothered about the wait, but the complete lack of updates is a bit frustrating. They don't even seem to be logging into the bands Myspace account that much now.

I still hold out hope that we might hear something soon but I'm wondering what is going on behind the scenes that is making it all take so long?!?!? I did get my hopes up about a month ago when I noticed that there were two playlists on myspace then I checked them to find that they were other artists named Jubilee.

Anyway I am thinking of starting a Jubiholics support group that can meet up and discuss how we are all coping with the ever long wait for new material.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:31 pm

I still find it hard to believe they can't even get their act together on the members record when they actually said it was ready. Not even "almost ready". I pretty much forget Jubilee exist apart from the few times I happen to land in their music folder. Funny to think it's been a whole 25 months since I saw them, and they haven't done a whole lot since.
paulb09
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:26 pm

I wonder how almost ready it is?

How expensive is it to make a limited run of vinyl and then ship that all over the world? I'd say it must cost a fair bit? If I saw what they were offering online I would suspect it would cost me more than $20!

I wonder if Aaron is handwriting us all a little note to go with our records to explain it all? Reading the Jubilee blog he says he has done stuff like that before.

btw I changed my username because Pheven was a stupid username!!!
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Ugh... Well there's no news on any front, so to be honest, I've given up. I thought the vinyl might be beyond their budget and capabilities, and it's a shame that seems to be the case.
Ah well, I'll always have the memories!
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://obsessanddevour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 pm

And I'll have no memories and no 20 bucks in my pocket either. I don't want to be the idiot here but they weren't true to their words. It's just a shame because from what I heard from live recordings it had a lot of potential.
Geohound
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Geohound wrote:And I'll have no memories and no 20 bucks in my pocket either. I don't want to be the idiot here but they weren't true to their words. It's just a shame because from what I heard from live recordings it had a lot of potential.
No, that's entirely fair enough, and if others have received refunds, there's nothing to stop you from requesting your money back. Let us know if you have any luck- it wouldn't surprise me if the email account has been abandoned.
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Cherry Black wrote:
Geohound wrote:And I'll have no memories and no 20 bucks in my pocket either. I don't want to be the idiot here but they weren't true to their words. It's just a shame because from what I heard from live recordings it had a lot of potential.
No, that's entirely fair enough, and if others have received refunds, there's nothing to stop you from requesting your money back. Let us know if you have any luck- it wouldn't surprise me if the email account has been abandoned.

I actually just sent them an email asking if there was any news, the email address is still live (it didn't bounce back). It took about a day for a response last time I emailed and I am not sure how close to the group the "webmaster" was to the band so whether they know any more is anyones guess. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!

I wont be asking for the 20 bucks back but I appreciate why you want to do that.

From the live performances and the releases made available I reckon the album could have really been a truly great record. In the past few weeks I have been tormenting myself with watching every Jubilee video on youtube and I forgot how great they were in their many guises. In fact I saw some of your videos from the Barfly on there Cherry Black. They were pretty awesome!

I was going to keep this quiet but I may as well come clean and say that I was the winner of the Jubilee competition (remember the one where people had to put email addresses into TopSpin software)! I won that prize 2 years ago and I am still very patiently waiting.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm

The 20 bucks don't really make a monetary (not sure if that's the word for what I want to say but I guess the message goes through) difference, it's the break of trust and lack of professionalism that bothers me. I'm not going to ask for a refund because I still have hope and believe it will come out some day, and I will want it!
Geohound
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:03 pm

We're an optimistic bunch!!

Stephen- what was the prize? I can't even remember that competition!
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Yeah the competition was done just before the Autumn tour 2008 (so over 2 years now!). I just went through my emails to try and find what they exactly said and found the following:

If you're already a member of the yearly Jubilee subscription club (or whatever it's called), listen up! IF you're not a member yet... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Anyways, for all you members we're having a contest to see who can share this player with the most friends between now (August 3rd, 2008) and next Sunday (August 10th, 2008).

All you have to do is click the play button, then the "SHARE" button on the player and type in your friends email addresses. If you just forward this email your shares won't be counted. The person who shares this player of Jubilee's music with the most music fans will win a special one-of-a-kind package from the band including a vinyl test press of the new single "In With The Out Crowd" (super limited to about 7 copies), a jubilee t-shirt, the "Rebel Hiss" single cd & 7 inch signed by everyone in the band and a whole bunch of other goodies I can find laying around Aaron's house. We'll announce the winner sometime next week.... so get to sharing!

My girlfriend at the time (she'll be my wife on Saturday!!!) was working late shifts so I had shit loads of time in the evenings to spend sending shit loads of spam to everyone whose email address I could find.

I was most intrigued by the "and a whole bunch of other goodies I can find laying around Aarons house." Aaron has some cool stuff and it would have been ace to have something unique like a guitar pedal (probably too much to ask though!) or something like that.

I have been told that it will be sent at some point and that there was never any intention not to send it. I know that this must be pretty low down on the list of things to do with all the other stuff they have going on so I am not holding up much hope of getting it sooner than later at the moment.

Hearing a few things online about whats happened in the band I am really not sure whats going on. I tend not to read between the lines but seeing what other people have said and that post that Aaron made about rehab and contact highs and all that kinda made me think that some really really dark shit has been going on and I am curious as to what, but even the official line didn't clarify things for me.

Man thats a long post!
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Now I remember! Quite a decent prize then, shame it's yet to materialise.

Who knows what's going on. It's sad that Aaron's had loads of shit go wrong for him, but Jubilee could have been a real money spinner if they'd stuck at it.

Hope you have a great wedding!
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Cherry Black wrote:Now I remember! Quite a decent prize then, shame it's yet to materialise.

Who knows what's going on. It's sad that Aaron's had loads of shit go wrong for him, but Jubilee could have been a real money spinner if they'd stuck at it.

Hope you have a great wedding!

Thanks for the kind wishes. It was a great day!

WHilst on honeymoon I received an email from the webmasters who look after that email address. The good news is that there is no bad news, but the bad news is that there is also no other news that they can tell me because the last they heard everything was still go, its just that there seemed to be more delays.

So I am not sure whats going on, maybe getting these packages together on a tight budget is harder than anticipated. So I am keeping my hopes up for the meantime.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Erik Andrews and Treavis Keller had a twitter conversation this morning which mentioned this article:

http://en.search.wordpress.com/?q=%22Jubilee+-+The+Lost+Band%22&t=post

Doesn't shed much new light but its worth a read. Eriks response was to laugh so I am not sure if there are any truths in there about the drugs following the motorcycle accident. Its worth reading the comments section as well.

I am looking into posting a Christmas present to you all on the site if I get time. It will be a guitar tab of the verse for Fool on the Pill. Its not complicated but I will have to see if I have the time.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 pm

This morning the White/Grey/Black twitter account had a message saying

In order to press albums we needs these first >>>

Then it linked here:

http://cominghomerecords.bigcartel.com/product/white-grey-black-slipmat

It looks quite nice but its an odd item to make as a first piece of Merchendise. Also the message is a bit of an odd choice of words.
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Some White Grey Black news has been posted on their web site:
http://whitegreyblack.tumblr.com/

And there are some ebay auctions for some stuff and on those auctions is an explanation from Aaron as to why there are auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260735266401&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Thanks in advance to whoever ends up as the “winner” of this auction. The proceeds will go directly towards bringing our studio, Shabbey Road, “up to code” for “commercial use”. Basically this means that we’ll finally be able to record other bands there without the building owners, etc stopping us. Having an affordable, good studio available in Los Angeles has been a goal of ours for a long time. So again, thank you for helping make it possible.

If you aren’t in the market for used musical equipment, rare vinyl, or rock posters… But you’d still like to help… You can also purchase White/Grey/Black slipmats, or Jubilee cd’s, records, and other merch in our web-store here:

http://cominghomerecords.bigcartel.com/artist/jubilee

Not only will the money from your purchases also go towards helping Shabbey Road, but you won’t have to fight it out in an online bidding war, or wait as long for your goodies to arrive in the mail.

All of the musical equipment I’m auctioning off here is guaranteed to be in perfect working condition. If you are a “collector” type looking for pristine, brand-new looking, yet “vintage” items… This stuff is probably not for you. My guess is the items here would be of more interest to “musician” and/or “player” types, who plan on using them out on the battlefield once again.

Most of this equipment was used extensively on tour while I was playing in The Icarus Line, Nine Inch Nails, or Jubilee. Mostly Nine Inch Nails… Considering that particular situation required an enormous amount of gear. Seeing as how there is no need (or even possibility) for me to hold on to such a ridiculous amount of musical equipment any more, I figured someone else might get a bit more use out of these items now than I would.

However… If the fact that this stuff was used with the aforementioned bands is additionally enticing, or even the sole reason for your interest… I’ll be more than happy to throw in whatever additional knick-knacks I have laying around that again, would be of much more interest/use to you than me. So, any requests for stuff like NIN guitar picks, Icarus Line stickers, etc… Will gratefully be honored for all the winners as well.

As for the other items being auctioned off… The posters, records, etc., are more things I just don’t have the space for anymore. Considering the “collectable” nature of many of these items, they too will be shipped with great care. Posters will ship in tubes, vinyl records in cardboard, etc.

If you have any questions concerning these items up for auction, the merchandise available on the web-store, or the shipping of them, etc… Please email Erik, our brilliant internet wizard, here:

ComingHomeRecords@Gmail.com

Stupid questions will get stupid answers. I’m a painter, I’m a horse.

Oh, and if yer confused by some of the other current auctions happening on this account, don’t get scared! They’re my mom’s. A big hug and a kiss to her for holding my hand like a small child throughout this whole eBay process. Without her help this would’ve been attempted as a yard-sale instead.

- Aaron North

Lets hope these auctions go for some serious money then we might get our long delayed EP's albums etc etc!

Hope everyone has had a good new year so far?
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:04 am

Things seem to be slowly getting off. One can still hope.
Geohound
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Things are still listed on his mums account. Some stuff has sold. Not enough to give me hope that we will get anything soon.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:29 pm

So it's been a fuckin' long time since we had any action! But if you are a BIG BIG BIG Jubilee Fan then you might be able to buy the album tomorrow on ebay! Yeah, that's right! USA Ebay is the place to be. Specifically here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-North-Giant-Drag-Guest-Grab-Bag/110744802756?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=001&category=85988&cmd=ViewItem

Aaron and Annie Hardy appear to be bff's. He appeared on a Black Flag cover she recorded recently and now he is donating an unreleased CD (amongst many other things) to this auction! I wish I could afford it but I backed my car into another car and have insurance shit to deal with!

If any of you do go for it then good luck.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Stephen wrote:So it's been a fuckin' long time since we had any action! But if you are a BIG BIG BIG Jubilee Fan then you might be able to buy the album tomorrow on ebay! Yeah, that's right! USA Ebay is the place to be. Specifically here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-North-Giant-Drag-Guest-Grab-Bag/110744802756?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=001&category=85988&cmd=ViewItem

Aaron and Annie Hardy appear to be bff's. He appeared on a Black Flag cover she recorded recently and now he is donating an unreleased CD (amongst many other things) to this auction! I wish I could afford it but I backed my car into another car and have insurance shit to deal with!

If any of you do go for it then good luck.

Oh wow. That's really unbelievably shitty. People who paid in to the subscription, under the impression that they will receive an album, have been left to go fuck themselves thinking the damn thing doesn't even exist, when in reality Aaron's just been sitting on it.
Ugh.
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Cherry Black wrote:
Oh wow. That's really unbelievably shitty. People who paid in to the subscription, under the impression that they will receive an album, have been left to go fuck themselves thinking the damn thing doesn't even exist, when in reality Aaron's just been sitting on it.
Ugh.
I saw this as well, and came to the same agreement when discussing it elsewhere. First off I don't actually have the money, but if I did, I wouldn't go for this. I already spent on those LE vinyls in hope that the money would be put to good use, but Aaron just seems to be ebaying about everything he can and not coming out with any new music from those funds, so I'm pretty pissed off too. I've been taken to the idea that he's been sitting on the music for quite a while now anyway. I can't believe they didn't record at least some of the material they performed live a few years back, and I just don't understand why we haven't seen any of it yet. Hopefully whoever wins this doesn't give a fuck and uploads the content anyway, even if it's just live recordings or something.
paulb09
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm

paulb09 wrote:Hopefully whoever wins this doesn't give a fuck and uploads the content anyway, even if it's just live recordings or something.

Amen.
Cherry Black
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Cherry Black wrote:
Ugh.

It is pretty obvious the album has been ready for some time. However I reckon there are a few problems holding it back. One of which I can imagine to be royalities to those who played on it. THere are some pretty big names and it could take some time to sort out that legal stuff. Also all of the core band appear to have left (including Troy who is now in the Icarus Line!!!).

So yeah the album, and I would imagine the Accoustic EP, are probably done but there are likely to be big problems preventing them letting it out. I can imagine that Aaron is ebaying his ass off to make ends meat. The reality is he has not worked as a musician for some time (i.e. no touring) and there are shit loads of rumours floating around on the internet about why he has not worked (even with bullshit filters turned to maximum you gotta think...).

As a fan I wish we were not in this situation. But there is hope in the form of a tweet on the white/grey/black twitter feed saying they are coming out of hibergaytion soon!
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 am

So, still nothing? Listening to Jubilee right now and thought I'd ask, it's been a while.
Geohound
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum