The "Members Only" Record

Go down

Re: The "Members Only" Record

Post  Cherry Black on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Shabbey Road keeps sinking deeper and deeper in doody. Until we can scrounge up enough scrill to solve the electrical crisis goin on in there, we can’t set foot in the place. So please… Check out a few of the new items we’ve made available in our online store. With all this selling of Nine Inch Nails / Icarus Line / Buddydead / etc clutter, I can actually almost stretch my legs out at home now! The posters for sale span some shows I’ve played over the last decade or so. Blah, blah… See ‘em for yerself HERE.
And just cos we haven’t been able to get any work done out at Shabbey Road recently, doesn’t mean we’re any further from delivering our album. We’ll also be passing along some vital info for those of you out there awaiting your Topspin “Members Only” record. Yes… Believe it or not, it’s actually DONE. The only problem is that there’s a bunch of you who didn’t give us your mailing address. How did you expect us to mail you something without telling us where you live, dickfores? Anyhoo… As soon as we straighten this all out, they’ll be on their way. Again, we’ll keep ya posted on more of that soon.
No wai?
Cherry Black
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile http://obsessanddevour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Wow this is actually happening and soon! I wonder which two tracks are going to be on the vinyl?
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah, the wheels are finally in motion! Hope they make the tracks available to download as well, I don't want to have to dig out the vinyl player!
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am

Cherry Black wrote:Yeah, the wheels are finally in motion! Hope they make the tracks available to download as well, I don't want to have to dig out the vinyl player!

Yeah I would have to go to my father in laws house and subject him to it (He ain't into rock, more classical...) while I transfer it to cassette. Actually, I had better find a cassette.
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 pm

I can't believe we're gonna hear something new (I hope).
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 pm

From jubilee.la:
Jubilee's "members-only" record is finished, and we want to make sure it lands into the right hands - YOURS, that is, if you subscribed to Jubilee's "yearly membership" in 2008 or 2009.

We've been writing to all the past and present subscribers through the email addresses provided to Topspin. But if you haven't received instructions as to how to get your record (or if you can't access the email address associated with your Topspin account anymore, etc.), please contact us directly at jubilee.vinyl@gmail.com and we'll find a way.

- Jubilee.web
I know I used my current email address when I originally got the membership, and the receipt emailed even has my address on it. Still, I haven't been mailed any instructions, so I guess I'll have to mail that address to be sure I get it.
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 pm

The email is from the Topspin address rather than the Jubilee Gmail one, so Gmail went ahead and shoved it in my spam folder, I noticed Hotmail did a similar thing to my friend as well, so check your spam folders before panicking.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Oh yeah, on their twitter account they stated:

"We're fulfilling all the "current" subscriptions, but there's no plan to offer new ones in the future. "

Kinda makes sense if they don't know whats coming up. I can imagine a lot of shit has hit the fan since they originally started this project, hence the delays.
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Cherry Black wrote:The email is from the Topspin address rather than the Jubilee Gmail one, so Gmail went ahead and shoved it in my spam folder, I noticed Hotmail did a similar thing to my friend as well, so check your spam folders before panicking.
Well I already deleted the contents of my spam folder. I normally only glaze over subjects at best (I get a lot of spam), so I could easily have deleted it.

Which email address is it anyhow, because I've got email from both do-not-reply -AT- topspinmedia -DOT- com and jubileespin -AT- gmail -DOT- com before without it going in my spam folder, so unless it contained anything odd I'd have expected it to go into my inbox.

And finally, if it doesn't contain any user specific links or the likes, would anyone be so kind to forward their email to paulb09 -AT- gmail -DOT- com ? Thanks
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

paulb09 wrote:do-not-reply -AT- topspinmedia -DOT- com
You should be fine then, that's the address it came from. If you've not received instructions yet, send them an email to jubilee.vinyl(at)gmail.com and they'll deal with it.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Just mailed them. I attached the original membership receipt email too as I had it, so hopefully I'll receive instructions shortly.
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

?

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:59 am

It's been almost a full month since this (unexpected) flurry of activity. Have the Topspin subscribers actually received their long-overdue records?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 am

Such cute optimism!
Nah not yet. And no one's holding their breath either.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Ha! The question was a little overly-optimistic, I grant you. Still, Aaron's going to have to extricate his finger at some point in the near future or else Jubilee won't have any fans left at all. We're already a quarter of the way through 2010 - as disturbing as that is - and sweet f.a. has been forthcoming from Shabbey Road aside from yet more broken promises. I can't help but be a little bummed out by it all, despite the fact that I didn't fork over $20 for a Topspin subscription two years ago! I'd probably be livid if I were in the shoes of the loyal (and mistreated) members of this fine forum...

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 am

Woohoo, sounds like we are finally getting some news on our long awaited members only record! And for those of us who stuck with them its going to be pretty sweet!

For those of you who DID stick by us this entire time, and never demanded a refund… Don’t bum out! You’re NOT gonna end up like those chumps who actually bought their tickets to Woodstock back in ’69. YOUR copies of this E.P. will be just a little more badass than the rest. Cool? And let’s also not forget that for YOU, this E.P. won’t be the last batch of tunes you’ll be receiving from us. You’re obviously still entitled to a digital format of our upcoming album, “Jubilee-Democracy”, which you’ll receive considerably earlier than the rest of the universe. That is of course if Buckethead doesn’t quit again, and fuck up the whole schedule. There’s also some other extra surprises we have in mind for you fine people. Werdemup? Thanks.

- Aaron

Read more: http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&authorID=287975189&messageID=6675154519#ixzz0tAb38Yb9

I think my optomism in getting the record in the next few months just picked up a bit!
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 am

Holy hell that was a long and beautiful read.
Yes fucking please.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Woohoo! I wonder what they mean with "your copies will be a little more badass", maybe a different color as the other 2 releases? Anyway, can't fucking wait!
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down