Last UK Gig (Swansea Sin City 04/10/08)

Go down

Last UK Gig (Swansea Sin City 04/10/08)

Post  Cherry Black on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:33 am

Ok, so we decided to go along to the final show of the tour, trying out my car's newly cleaned turbo in the process. The drive was bearable until we turned off the M4, when it became utterly breathtaking. I've never driven to/in Wales before, and it's bloody dangerous cos you spend half the time looking at the mountains rather than the road. But we eventually got to Esther's place, and after a hearty meal, we put on our party dresses and set off!

We saw Jeff Lynn outside the venue, where he very kindly agreed to take Tania's birthday cake backstage to get signed by the rest of the band. This made Tania very happy indeed!

We got to chat to Michael, Troy Boy and Jeff before the gig, which was cool, because they're all so down to earth and lovely to talk to.

The gig itself was wonderful, there were a couple of technical problems (missing gear is a technical problem!) and some drunk guy who seemed desperate to give Aaron North a bit of man-time, but nothing could take anything away from the sheer wonderfulness of the music, they even played L.A.!

After the gig, and to the soundtrack of 80s cheese, we hung out with the guys and danced like morons.

I couldn't believe it when Matt asked Mikey to give me bass advice, when he came over I thought I was going to pass out. I expect I came across as a psychotic obsessive (pretty accurate really) and I think I kept saying "You're my favourite bassist ever!" over and over again, but it absolutely made my day/week/year. Also, I asked him about the head-shaking/foot-kicking thing he does, assuming it was a timing technique, but apparently it's "just something my body does..." *SWOON*

Aaron also returned the guitar I gave him to destroy, saying it was actually not that bad, which I found amusing. He couldn't smash the shit out of it, as a) I forgot to bring a strap, and b) they were missing most of their gear, including the amp that would have taken the brunt of the beating. He was very nice about it, and even chatted to Matt about guitar geekery for a few minutes.

We reluctantly called it a night at about 2am and drove back over the mountain and through the valleys. The partying continued til about 6am, but I had to retire before that, being taxi driver n'all!

So, all in all a fantastic night, and a very suitable end to the tour. It's just a shame the tour had to end!
Cherry Black
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile http://obsessanddevour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

6am????

Post  funkymamma on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:13 pm

well that would explain why i didn't wake till 4 this afternoon!!!
funkymamma
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Last UK Gig (Swansea Sin City 04/10/08)

Post  Cherry Black on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:13 am

You were completely comatose when we left!
Hope you're feeling ok today Sleep
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  funkymamma on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 am

Cherry Black wrote:You were completely comatose when we left!
Hope you're feeling ok today Sleep

Yes, I is fine today, still a bit tired but that Monday morning for you!
funkymamma
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:17 pm

Oh shit... I just had the funniest flashback to Troy running back out with his passport to prove his age.
Hilarious.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  funkymamma on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:31 am

Cherry Black wrote:Oh shit... I just had the funniest flashback to Troy running back out with his passport to prove his age.
Hilarious.

Yeah, I wonder how much that was cos Tania kept saying she was old enough to be his mother?!?!!?!?
funkymamma
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:05 pm

I was at that show. That drunk guy who just kept putting his hand up in front of Aaron and going "Aaron! Aaaron! AAAARON!" was quite amusing but I felt sorry for the girl who he tried to push out of the way. Still as you said it did not distract from a great gig. I have some video of that last show on my youtube account:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaA461FiXHA (Sorry about the quality, it was taken on my phone)

I am hoping their new live show is as exciting as the previous two incarnations.
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down