Obsess And Devour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oriental Bureaucracy?

+2
Geohound
Cherry Black
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Oriental Bureaucracy? - Page 4 Empty Re: Oriental Bureaucracy?

Post  Stephen Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:12 pm

There has been nothing. I have heard a few rumors but nothing substantial. I was hoping that Annie Hardy would have released that in bed with Aaron North video she has been promising but nothing has happened with that. Although saying that a cover of Wasted by Black Flag featuring Aaron North and Annie Hardy was posted on Annies soundcloud website. Its worth a listen.

I did pursue the prize though but nothing has happened yet despite me sending cash for postage. I am not that surprised though.

Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Fri May 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I found this today on Aarons Wikipedia page. Although I suspected something like this had happened and Wikipedia is unreliable I still felt sad because Aaron has been a musical hero of mine for years and to hear of him not doing so well hit quite hard. I just hope that if this is true he can pull himself out of it!

In late 2008, North suffered a nervous breakdown while mixing the Jubilee album. After subsequent hospitalizations, he ceased all activity with the band. A "motorcycle accident" was used as a public explanation at the time. Months later, attempts to form a new lineup of the band and finish the album were also abandoned due to North's struggles with mental health and addiction. The still unreleased album is said to include performances from a vast array of drummers, including Dave Grohl, Julian Gross, Nick Jago, Joey Castillo, Carla Azar, Josh Freese, Loren Humphrey, Kevin Haskins, Taylor Hawkins and Josh Homme. Other collaborators include Trent Reznor and Maynard James Keenan.

There is an interview with Alvin from the Icarus Line here:
http://www.theicarusline.co.uk/2012/04/interview-with-alvin-deguzman/
it mentions Aaron (no serious news though), and Joe from the Icarus Line also elludes to the fact that Aaron jammed with them briefly at some point after he parted company with Buddyhead (although he is not too kind to Aaron in terms of what he says):
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/features/interviews/interview-joe-cardamone-icarus-line-73348
Interestingly there is a book dedicated to Aaron North:
http://www.theicarusline.co.uk/2011/11/aaron-north-has-a-book-dedicated-to-him/

If anyone has not seen this clip http://vimeo.com/19815576 then it gives a very rough and brief indication of what the TopSpin members EP would have sounded like.

Last edited by Stephen on Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Information Available)
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 pm

I thought I would drop in a post here about the fact that Aaron and Annie did send through the prize for the competition eventually. It was an amazing package of posters, CDs, vinyl, bits of guitar etc etc. The CD that he sent me of the unreleased material was not the unreleased album and consisted of a few Giant Drag tunes, some NIN live stuff, some Jubilee recordings that had already been released and a track Aaron did with a friend. He also penned a letter to me explaining what happened with Buddyhead and how Jubilee fell apart (it is not too kind on Travis Keller).

From all the rumours and what has been said recently I would suggest that the Jubilee album is some way from being complete. I still wish that I could hear those tunes in a proper recorded format. Until then I have the memory of the amazing gigs they put on on their UK tour.
Stephen
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum