Oriental Bureaucracy?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Oriental Bureaucracy?

Post  Geohound on Sat May 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Check your email guys. Nothing really new, but at least Jubilee is still alive!
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodydoll on Sat May 02, 2009 1:40 pm

yessssss !!!I'm so happy ... lol!
bloodydoll
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Mon May 04, 2009 10:43 am

So I bit the bullet and renewed my subscription. The stuff released this weekend isn't exactly thrilling (I prefer the live recordings from Bingley, personally) but it's better than nothing.
No mention of the Mikey rumours in that email... I wonder what that means.

I do feel really sorry for Aaron, he keeps getting shat upon from a great height, and it's really unfair.
Cherry Black
Admin

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile http://obsessanddevour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  CharmlessMan on Wed May 06, 2009 6:33 am

Love The Who cover.

And damn I wanna know how to play Rebel Hiss on guitar. I got bits and pieces down so far
CharmlessMan
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound on Wed May 06, 2009 2:47 pm

The Bingley gig video could help. I don't really feel tempted to try as I only own an acoustic Neutral
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:53 am

Promising...
"being driving around LA by aaron taking photos for the new jubilee record. will i ever have a car again?"

http://twitpic.com/dnhfj
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodydoll on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 am

the photo does not appear, I had the same problem on the forum for NIN

bloodydoll
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodydoll on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 am

bloodydoll
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Aaron on his latest blog wrote:Lotsa stuff happening with Jubilee, including an upcoming E.P., and some local live shows. Can’t wait. See ya soon.

EP? Hmmm? Is that now shorthand for "Full length album"? I bloody well hope so!
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:28 pm

They did say there was going to be another EP before the album way way way way way way back...
I have not been keeping up with the band for about a month (no internet at home!) so I guess the delay in the album is rerecording Mike and Jeff's bits cos Jenni was saying she was working hard on the new record on her site.

Anyone care to hedge a bet on when the album will drop?
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Tough call, it ain't gonna be this year, that's for sure. I'm gonna guess June/July 2010. Mainly cos they'll want to tour it, and they'll definitely be hitting the UK as part of that tour, and I doubt they'll want to make the mistake of visiting this godforsaken island in Autumn/Winter again!

I hope they're not re-recording the album though, that'd be a really Axl thing to do. Maybe add a couple of tracks or re-record stuff they're not 100% happy with, but Jeff and Shoes were too fucking ace to be discarded!
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Cherry Black wrote:I hope they're not re-recording the album though, that'd be a really Axl thing to do. Maybe add a couple of tracks or re-record stuff they're not 100% happy with, but Jeff and Shoes were too fucking ace to be discarded!

I agree about Jeff and Mike. They sounded awesome on the recording already released. But it was only a guess from me so I wouldn't worry too much about it all.

I would guess they will release the album at the end of this year and they could then tour everywhere that is nice and warm for a few months then hit the UK again.
Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodydoll on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 pm

it has been two months since their last update I'm beginning to despair ... we say that the album is coming soon no longer sufficient Sad
bloodydoll
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah, it would be a shame to lose stuff that was in the works, but there may be issues considering the departure of Mike and Jeff, plus with the White / Grey / Black label it might be that anything Buddyhead is going to be lost.
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 pm

New video: http://vimeo.com/9224015
"New album coming soon on White / Grey / Black... We promise!"
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Well all of the tweets on White/Grey/Black's Twitter account have been deleted, as have the Vimeo uploads.
The saga continues...
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodydoll on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm

since 2008 he promises an album and it was in 2010 ... look for the error
bloodydoll
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:57 pm

I actually believed this was it. Sheesh...
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Cherry Black wrote:Well all of the tweets on White/Grey/Black's Twitter account have been deleted
Yeah I noticed that too. At this rate I'll be old and listening exclusively to classical before the album comes out.
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb09 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Well, some minor progress; White/Grey/Black is on Tumblr, and part of the first post reads as follows:

"So… Apart from being stoked to FINALLY drop a new Jubilee release, I’m particularly excited about this newest one, cos it happens to be the first coming out on a new record label-ish type thingy we’ve started called: White/Grey/Black."

Considering it's a few months since the last WGB tweet about them posting information "a few days away", perhaps we will get the new release in a month. I might be too optimistic though Razz
paulb09
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Darn it, you beat me to posting this.

It sounds like a load of good stuff is going to be dropping from that label in a short space of time. Its going to be great if they can do it but I wont be disheartened if they can't.

Those Icarus Line recordings sound like they will be pretty killer. I am hoping for some live stuff from the Pennance Soiree tour!

As for the Jubilee EP is this our one we get with the Topspin subscription or another one?

Stephen
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Can I recommend that no one holds their breath? Don't want any Jubilee related fatalities.
Hopefully something will come of this, but there's no mention of the album, or the member's vinyl, so I'm choosing to remain sceptical.
Reading that update it sounds like they're setting themselves up as a rival to Buddyhead, which could be interesting.
Ho hum.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Geohound on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Cherry Black wrote:Can I recommend that no one holds their breath? Don't want any Jubilee related fatalities.
Hopefully something will come of this, but there's no mention of the album, or the member's vinyl, so I'm choosing to remain sceptical.
Reading that update it sounds like they're setting themselves up as a rival to Buddyhead, which could be interesting.
Ho hum.
Yeah I got that vibe too, I guess that was to be expected. What happened between them anyway?

Fingers crossed on this time being for good.
Geohound
The Fool On The Pill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 pm

New Blog:
The Jubilee Topspin/“Members Only” Record...
So, forever and a day later... We are FINALLY finishing up the process of assembling the Jubilee “Members Only” records. You’ve probably already forgotten what this whole thing is even about by now, so let me attempt to refresh your memory… This is the vinyl single that we promised to those of you who purchased Jubilee’s “Membership/Package Deal” via Topspin a year or two back. The title of this new record, which is actually an E.P. now, is “After The Crash”... A name I think we may have even accidentally said once would be the albums. Woops.

This slab of wax has undergone countless amounts of twists and turns regarding it’s content during it’s delay, but the end result has actually exceeded our original concept by FAR. Initially, this was just going to be a little two-song record, at most. What we’ve ended up with instead, is an E.P. with 4 songs on wax, PLUS some additional “Bonus Tracks”, which will ONLY be accessible to it’s recipients via download through Topspin. Basically… There wasn’t enough room to squeeze all of these songs onto the discs without it turning into an album of it’s own, so this was our brilliant solution. Again, the extra downloadable tracks, and the four on the record itself, will ONLY be available on this release. These will NOT be available in stores, or for sale in any sort of digital format elsewhere. We’ve put a lil more juice into our effort on this one. Partially as an attempt to make it up to those of you who have been EXCEEDINGLY patient and continually supportive… Despite a number of confusing and aggravating circumstances… Some of which, I’m certain we’ve somehow shared together, over the course of a very fucked up year and a half or so. Another reason we’ve gone the extra mile, is because this also happens to be the first release on our new record label, White/Grey/Black… So, our pee-pees are pretty hard about this whole thing in general.

NOW… If you wanna claim your own copy of Jubilee’s “After The Crash”, PAY ATTENTION! First and foremost... You obviously had to have already purchased the afore-mentioned Jubilee “Membership/Package Deal”. If you’ve gotten that far, now all you have to do, is just make sure that WE have TWO pieces of information from you:

1) Your First AND Last name (Yes, both!)
&
2) Your current mailing address. OR an alternate mailing address to which you’d want this sucker safely mailed to. (No P.O. boxes, or any other shipping no-no’s. Don’t be a silly asshole. You’ve had stuff mailed to you before. Figure it out, squirt.)

Most of you already supplied us with this info upon your membership purchase. But, SOME of you didn't. Just to be on the safe side… If I were you, I’d re-send us all this info either way. After that, just relax… We’ll take it from there. That includes handling all the shipping expenses, etc. So don’t sweat it! Your job is just to make sure that you don’t screw up numbers 1 & 2!

Email all of this info to Erik here:
Erik@Jubilee.LA

Now… Believe it or not, a handful of you out there actually felt like you’d made a mistake by placing your trust in us, and buying into this whole “Membership/Package Deal” thing. SOME of you... Fearing that maybe we’d gone back on our promise, even requested refunds… And got them. Well... Considering the confusion, rumors, and communication breakdowns that again, occurred over the course of a particularly crummy time… We can’t be too upset with you. Even if your lack of faith in us DOES sting a little bit.

So... Even though you’ve already received your refunds… And have also probably written us off, or just forgotten about us by now… We’re going to send you one of these records anyway. We might be fuckups, but at least we’ll be the fuckups who are true to our word. The only hurdle in this particular scenario is that when you received your refunds, we lost all of your membership info. This included your names and addresses. So, for you refunded folks, please follow the two steps listed above as well, and we’ll get this thing into your hands as soon as humanly possible. And NO, this isn’t a trick. We’re not going to mail you a bag of monkey shit in retaliation for you daring to ever doubt us!

For those of you who DID stick by us this entire time, and never demanded a refund… Don’t bum out! You’re NOT gonna end up like those chumps who actually bought their tickets to Woodstock back in ’69. YOUR copies of this E.P. will be just a little more badass than the rest. Cool? And let’s also not forget that for YOU, this E.P. won’t be the last batch of tunes you’ll be receiving from us. You’re obviously still entitled to a digital format of our upcoming album, “Jubilee-Democracy”, which you’ll receive considerably earlier than the rest of the universe. That is of course if Buckethead doesn’t quit again, and fuck up the whole schedule. There’s also some other extra surprises we have in mind for you fine people. Werdemup? Thanks.
- Aaron

P.S.
Now that our studio, Shabbey Road, is also doubling as the “White/Grey/Black-Shack”, (I know. We’re working on the name. Any suggestions?) it’s even more important than before that we’re able to make the most of the place. Part of this process includes bringing the studio “Up To Code” for the city, in order to be capable of using it “Commercially”. Y’know, with other bands n’ stuff. So, if you’re in a band, and happen to be interested in renting out some time in a cozy, affordable studio in LA, where you can lay down those DEEP slap-n-pop funk/metal grooves… Your opportunity just might be on the horizon! That is however, if we’re able to “Get by with a lil help from our friends”. Shortly, we’ll be mentioning a few different ways in which your much needed help will go a very long way towards achieving this. Not to mention ending the incessant threat of our ceiling collapsing. The ultimate goal here is to establish an affordable recording studio that just about any band with even the smallest amount of dough, can walk away from with a killer recording of themselves. Some of the many advantages of recording at Shabbey, include the fact that you don’t even have to bring ANY of your own equipment in order to record here… If you so choose. With our large and diverse collection of guitars, basses, amps, drums, organs, synths, percussion, etc., all ya hafta do, is just show up, plug in, and play yer songs. We’ll take care of the rest. And when I say “We”, that happens to be yet another cool thing about recording at Shabbey Road that ya won’t find anywhere else in LA. Every band/artist that comes in to record here, will not only have a very skilled engineer or two twiddling the knobs and pushing the faders… But their choice from a handful of “producers” to help steer their ship as well… Again, if they so choose. For example, if you want Greg Puciato, the singer of Dillinger Escape Plan, to “Produce” your session, it’s a done deal. Or if you want Joe Cardamone from The Icarus Line behind the wheel, that’s another possibility. Many, many other talented people will be yours to choose from, and we’ll be announcing all of them, and even more info on all of this sooner than later.

P.P.S.
White/Grey/Black is in the process of collecting as much video, audio, photos, posters, etc. of The Icarus Line that we possibly can for an upcoming release of older material from the band. If you, or anyone else you know has anything of that sort circa 1998-2004, PLEASE contact us at: Erik@Jubilee.LA

P.P.P.S.
Speaking of White/Grey/Black, if you haven’t already become our inter-nerd “friend” here on Myspace… Get to it! Go HERE and add us now for news, updates, etc.

P.P.P.PeniS.
Yet another upcoming release on White/Grey/Black, will be from the best new band outta L.A. that you haven’t even heard yet… SPIT A KISS. Well… at least the LOUDEST. Keep yer eyes peeled for these guys.
Cherry Black
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Black on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 pm

Still waiting for the mail...

Cherry Black
Admin